Tuesday, July 10, 2007

MISTER MEDIA ME>BLOG

If I were being very faithful with this blog and you my dear readers I’d try to keep up to date with my media immersion, but frankly … I just can’t seem to convince myself that it matters.

So what if I’m listening to the 3 CD Sergeant Pepper’s bootleg? Does it matter that I watched Tom Baker’s first season of Doctor who over the weekend? Or that I’ve been watching the brilliant Ian Richardson in the House of Cards series? Is it a crime to have down-time?

The truth is I am constantly immersed in media, as we all are if we’re honest, but I’m also participating in it … which makes writing a blog objectively reviewing things a bit distracting. Currently, I have a lot of songs and Spacefinger music written, a new Spacefinger “set” available on the podcast, and am trying to get some back catalogue on lulu.com in case one or two of you want to buy this stuff.

Not too long ago I self-published a novel (not too disguised to the right of this blog.) Of course, this was really just me being too lazy to go through the double-whore process of selling myself to a publisher. Believe me, unless you are well connected, that’s just harder than writing the novel in the first place. So, I went the self-publishing route. Vanity Press … yes, I know.

So, someone a few weeks back asks if I had copies to sell (not online.) Well, this is Print on Demand … I don’t have a few hundred sitting around. I have to buy them, too. So, I got a couple of copies … and no one is interested. They are just sitting here …. Even with signs up and everything … bastards.

And, then there is the short-story I just sent off to a science fiction magazine.

So, I’m a busy guy. I have a job, too, which is rather too dull to write a blog about. So, I’m a bit depressed. Just turned off the Beatles from the ipod monster. Not even the fabs can save me today.

“It’s only a Northern Song.”



ps ... this thing really isn't into using the Title box lately ...

No comments: