Thursday, April 26, 2007

turn, turn, turn ...

Seasons are beginning and ending for a lot of my favorite shows ... or in some cases, shows I merely watch. And, since we are in April, the driest month for movie releases in the calendar, we should touch base with these shows just a bit. Later I will go into it a bit more. So, this blog will be all about my own boredom and sharing it with you …



"24" - Well, season six has officially gone off the map. When did "24" jump the shark? Well, immediately, really. So, I guess it's unfair of me to say this season has lost its way. We've caught up to hour 19 and the President has slipped into his second coma, the suitcase nukes were found and both the Muslim and Russian terrorists have been caught or killed. Jack suddenly gets a phone call from the mysteriously cliché sounding Chinese man who has Audrey (who isn't dead) and Jack must trade the Russian circuit board in exchange for Audrey and must escape from the clutches of Ricky Schroder ...




Ricky freakin' Schroder !!!



Yes, if you thought Samwise in last season was a leap, this year the shark jumping is in a space shuttle ... Unfortunately, I'm hooked. There are only 5 "hours" left and the show seems to have pushed all the limits possible ... the only reason to watch it is to see where it can possibly go. But, on the positive side, at least it's going to be on for the full season without months of interruptions.

"Lost" – I hear that a lot of people are turned off of “Lost” this year. I, on the other hand, feel that the show’s determination to keep moving toward something different in television with each season has been worthwhile. This year we see much more about “the Others” and we find out a lot more about the island.


The "Others" - or "101 Reasons not to go High School Reunions"




I am, however, a bit sick of the flashbacks. I know the flashbacks are there to pad out the story, but really, do we need some of them? In fact, I’m kind of sick of Kate and Sawyer. They aren’t interesting anymore. Who cares? The others appear to have quite an operation going. They can kidnap people from around the world using an elaborate network of people who can kill your boss in front of you … but no one can get pregnant. Huh … ?




"Ahhhh!!! My eyes!!!" - No wonder they can't get off the island.

No comments: